I design unforgettable LEARNING EXPERIENCES. What can I design for you?
I help schools invest in their staff for the benefit of their learning community. What does that look like? Primarily, three things:
- Visioning, development and implementation of programs and spaces that embrace maker-centered learning;
- Hands-on, minds-on professional learning for K-12 teachers leveraging a state-of-the-art maker tools (hardware) & technologies (including Google's G Suite); and
- Inspiring talks and presentations that speak to the themes and values that matter to your community most, ending with an inspiring call to action.
Here's a summary of each offering:
MAKER-CENTERED LEARNING PROGRAMS & SPACES
As the "maker movement" has grown more powerful, schools across the country are incorporating "makerspace" programs into their instructional offerings. I help schools do that effectively. In fact, I can assist regardless of where a school is in the process, including but not limited to:
- conceptual exploration & goal setting
- curriculum (learning experience) development
- learning space design
- specification & purchase of equipment & supplies
- staff professional development
- branding, communication, social media strategy
For more about the work I do involving maker-centered learning, click here.
HandS-ON, MINDS-ON Professional learning
In my experience, effective professional learning is personalized, relevant, and scaffolded in a fun, engaging way. Unfortunately, and also in my experience, most professional learning educators experience is insufficiently differentiated, perceived as irrelevant by the individual attendee, and presented in boring, linear, instructor-centered ways. My workshops are different. Every one I lead is customized for a unique set of learning objectives, differentiated down to the participant level, and presented with a learner-first emphasis incorporating hands-on exploration and fun. Whether we are exploring the latest makerspace tool or learning how to improve instructional practice with G Suite for Education, participants in my workshops come away feeling more confident in their abilities and excited to apply what they've learned.
For more about the work I do involving professional development workshops, click here.
Talks and Presentations
Storytelling is central to the human experience. A captivating, well-told tale helps people see how others have encountered and overcome problems, empowering them to solve their own. Who hasn't made (and learned from) mistakes on their way to living a better life? Honest, relevant and inspirational stories can set just the right tone for a new school year, major initiative, or conference.
For more about my speaking services, click here.